Senior Energy Economist
Allen & York’s Energy Generation team are working on the behalf of a highly regarded and established multidisciplinary consultancy who provide engineering management and development worldwide.
The successful candidate will working within the economics department of the organisation and will be expected to manage and contribute to projects surrounding various economic and policy issues in the electricity industry.
- The position will include predominantly quantitative analysis and techno-economic analysis.
- There will be a considerable amount of report and proposal writing with occasional client presentations.
- The Senior Economist will be responsible for managing a team of 5+ qualified staff in the Economics team with varying degrees of work experience.
- There will be a requirement to travel for business (often beyond Europe) on an occasional basis, typically for short periods.
- Masters in economics (or related field with a quantitative emphasis) and experience in economics or closely related discipline in the area of energy markets.
- Experience of working as a consultant and assignments overseas will be an advantage.
- A strong interest in energy policy and markets.
- A strong track record in modelling and quantitative analysis is essential.
- Relevant experience in this area includes electricity market/dispatch modelling, least cost expansion studies, demand forecasting, use of Monte Carlo simulation and statistical packages, optimisation principles.
- Public presentation skills and report writing.