Senior Engineer - Highways Design - Birmingham
£40,000 - 45,000
Currently seeking a Senior Highways Design Engineer to join one of the UK's most prestigious design and consultancy firms. If the thought of working with some of the most stimulating and complex projects in the UK is an exciting prospect, along with somewhere where you will be supported and nurtured to fulfil your career aspirations is an important factor, my client could be the place for you. If you possess the ambition and acumen to work on a varied portfolio of schemes please see below.
My client are looking to secure a career minded Highways Design Engineer / MX Engineer with work experience in the design of UK highways schemes. Applicants with the following minimum skills will be considered.
- You will hold a MEng / MSc in Civil Engineering / Structures.
- Good Maths and Physics A-level qualifications
- DMRB knowledge
- Major project management experience
- Experience in 3D Modelling, MX, Civils 3D, PDS or similar
- Proven ability in Quality System Control
- Proven experience in project work on UK Highways Projects
- Ability to lead engineering team
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Team Leader you will be tasked to provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging Highways schemes.
You will be responsible for successfully completing assigned drafting projects within budget and deadlines and provide technical guidance to other members of the drafting team, ensuring compliance with company drafting standards and national drafting standards. Your role will also encompass supervision of less experienced Junior Engineers and Technicians.
Main responsibilities but not limited to:
- Leading design teams and reviewing of design model production
- Ensuring the production of designs are accurate, clear and concise and compliant with best practice and any other standards dictated by the nature of the project
- Assisting in the resolution of complex technical issues
- Working to make sure that the design component of the project comes within budget and deadline
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with Project Managers
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health & Safety regulations
- Document management, including project / drawing registers
If you are seeking a great opportunity to work with a global consultancy firm on some of the UK's most complex and challenging projects and would like a full JD with benefits information, please apply using your CV.