|Job Title:||Senior Engineer - Building Services|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Victoria Kenrick|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Senior Engineer or Technical Associate
Birmingham Office Competitive Salary + Benefits + Bonus
Our client is a leading Technical Management Consultancy which advise on the engineering services aspects of building operation entailing auditing of technical/contractual and regulatory compliance; ongoing performance management and ultimately delivering value for money. This is often preceded by the specification, procurement and mobilisation of engineering maintenance contracts.
BEng or BSc Building Services Engineering
CEng Chartered Building Services Engineers
MCIBSE or ACIBSE
Ability to work on own initiative, build relationships with clients, write clear and concise reports, present findings to clients who are usually building/facilities managers working either directly for property owners or managing agents as Term Consultant.
The service provided encompasses the on-going management of the engineering services maintenance provider and the overall service delivery to the client.
The objective of the service is to ensure that the work being carried out by the contractor is to the specified standard and to report on maintenance performance and the condition of the engineering services. Additionally, the service includes for an advisory facility to assist with day-to-day queries that may arise and ensure the smooth running of the engineering services. Arrange and attend meetings, issue minutes of meetings and provide advice generally on tenant's alterations.
Experience Required in:
- Inspecting building services plant and equipment to ensure the services are operating safely and efficiently.
- Monitoring the contractor performance on planned preventive maintenance and minor works. Examine maintenance records, carry out checks on contractor invoices to ensure value for money. Review progress on any landlord or tenant works and their impact on the operation of the property.
- Advising on any additional works required, review contractor's quotes and ensure the works are undertaken at competitive market rates. Ensure that clients are properly advised of statutory obligations.
- Carry out audits and condition surveys, programme for works including cost estimates and works programmes. Prepare and write reports on installed equipment with recommendations
- Advise on the implementation of plant replacement programmes, associated budget requirements, prioritisation, programming etc. Advise on engineering services budget within the service charge.
- Prepare specification and tender documentation, carry out tender exercise, analyse tenders received and make recommendations to client; produce maintenance contracts, small project works documentation and oversee the works.
We look forward to receiving your application