Our client is looking for a Senior Structural or Civil Engineer to assist with managing their Energy infrastructure team and the provision of a multi-disciplinary consultancy design service to their contractor, developer and utility clients.
Design, check & manage all elements of the design of multi-disciplinary Infrastructure Projects.
The role will involve carrying out detailed structural analysis and design checks of a variety of structures and may also involve the site supervision of construction including developing close working relationships with contractor clients to aid the design of efficient structures in terms of Capex and program. Coordinate inter-office/department geotechnical and civil resource.
Project manage the design aspects of multiple live projects from concept and tender phase through to detailed design and construction.
- Assist with leading / developing our Energy Infrastructure team and oversee the production of design packages from concept through tender and detailed design phases.
- To carry out detailed structural analysis, designs and design checks of general structures including buildings, wind turbine foundations, met mast foundations, access track bridges, bridge assessments, water retaining and other structures.
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist in mentoring the development of others.
- To design & aid the Management of the design of multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
- Oversee preparation of tender submission packages including multi-disciplinary design statements and presentation drawings.
- To aid other offices and departments delivery of structural and infrastructure work packages.
- To project manage / supervise the financial performance & delivery of multi-disciplinary projects.
- To develop and maintain new and existing client relationships ensuring a high standard of technical and financial delivery.
- To continue to develop working relationships with other offices and departments within Sweco.
- Coordination of geotechnical and civil design strands to assist in the provision of Sweco's core multi-disciplinary design service.
- Preparation of design scope, estimating and negotiation of fee value with clients.
- Management of team resources and control multiple project budgets including monthly invoicing.
- Coordinating review of consultancy agreement terms and conditions.
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer status preferable (IStructE or ICE.).
- BEng, MEng will be considered working towards membership of appropriate professional body.
- Significant experience within the structural design of a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Previous experience of structural design with primary structural materials - concrete, steel, timber and masonry to Eurocodes.
- Previous experience with Finite Element Analysis of structures utilising programs such as STAAD Pro, STRAP or LUSAS.
- Previous experience in the design and design checking of WTG Foundations, Piled Structures, RC Structures and simple bridges would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of building design would be beneficial.
- Previous wind farm / UK construction industry experience would be beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge relating to geotechnical and civil design or construction is desirable or an interest to expand own multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Experience of statutory or third party approvals relating to own area of expertise.
- Good organisational and project management skills required to manage multiple live projects. Knowledge and experience in the specification of construction materials.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance / approval when required.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that project timescales are met.
- Good problem solving / contingency planning skills with the ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable / support the development of others within the team.
- Effective communication, negotiation and persuading skills with the ability to manage and diffuse challenging situations.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate.
- Demonstrate pride in work.
- Capable of focus with special reference to project delivery.