Senior Engineer - Overhead Line
An established and leading UK construction and regeneration group have approached ALLEN & YORK Ltd to engage upon an experienced Senior Engineer - Overhead Line, who would be based in the East Midlands.
Our client is looking to appoint an individual who is competent in working with multi discipline programmes of work covering all aspects of rail. As the successful candidate you will have extensive rail industry experience and will report to the Rail Sector Director, providing leadership at project level.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
- Production and checking of OLE allocation design at feasibility, scheme and detailed design stages, working closely with principal and junior designers.
- Production and checking of deliverables including layout plans, cross sections, switching diagrams, bridge designs and bonding plans.
- Liaise with clients to support the successful delivery of the client's services.
- Develop and manage relationships with clients to support the successful delivery of all work.
- Work in accordance with all relevant laws and legislations.
- Can produce accurate and high quality technical reports.
- Operate under nominal supervision for most of the work ensuring the production of deliverables to agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Delivery of target project outcomes for technical quality, cost, fee, program and repeat business.
- Be proactive and be efficient with time management, and attend regular meetings.
- Undertaking site surveys / site visits when needed and required.
- Day to day liaison internally with project manager and wider multi-disciplinary delivery team.
- Feed into Program Control via Primavera P6, and document control systems as required.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Chartered in their specialist area e.g. IMechE / IET or equivalent.
- Degree qualified with minimum HND with experience.
- Must have experience working in the rail industry and technical engineering standards and be confident to work with clients.
- Must be knowledgeable in OLE construction methods/installation techniques.
- Must have contract and commercial awareness.
- Excellent leadership, communication and team working skills with the ability to develop relationships quickly.
- Proficient user of industry standard tools such as AutoCAD and/or Microstation; Microsoft Office packages; working knowledge of ELLF packages for OLE projects highly desirable.
- Drive technical development, CPD and institute activities across the team.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986 Ext. 285.