|Job Title:||Senior Engineer - Onshore Wind & Solar|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a world's leading provider of independent renewable energy advice.
As part of the Project Engineering Department, the Onshore Projects team provides construction project management and engineering services to Customers constructing onshore wind and solar projects.
In addition, the Onshore Projects team undertake project due diligence, construction monitoring and certification activities on behalf of lenders.
The Onshore Projects team provides support to projects in UK, Ireland and Scandinavia.
The role presents an opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in a multi-disciplinary role encompassing aspects of pre-construction due diligence, engineering (civil, electrical, wind turbine, solar), project management, health and safety, project contracting and contract structure.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to take a lead role in project realisation during construction through to initial commercial operation.
- Providing technical/engineering and construction advice both directly to Customers and internally.
- Undertake design reviews (electrical and/or civil depending on individual's technical background).
- Liaise with a wide range of Customers from wind farm developers to investors.
- Liaising with industry suppliers, formulating and managing contract tendering processes, tender assessment and subsequent recommendations to the Customer.
- Lead project management activities for the Customer and act as Employer's Representative/Owner's Engineer or Lender's Engineer.
- Represent the Customer and undertake a lead role in project and contract execution with a keen focus on cost management, quality and HSE.
- Stakeholder management, during delivery of our service, which may include local planning bodies and landowners.
- Site attendance and monitoring/inspection of works in the capacity of Owner's Engineer or Independent Engineer.
- Work with Project Engineering and other departments to deliver and further develop onshore Project services.
- Prepare and review proposals and associated commercial costs for consultancy work to ensure alignment to Customer requirements and expected quality.
- Project management (commercial and administrative) of consultancy agreements
- Responsible for project management of consultancy agreement £5k-£100k.
- Responsible for management of Customer Contracts in the order of £1m-£40m.
- Responsible for milestone certification under said contracts.
- Management of project team which may include internal, Customer and sub-contractors.
- Initially no direct line management responsibility.
- Periodic UK and European travel.
- Degree (at least 2:1 or equivalent) in a mechanical, civil, electrical or other relevant engineering subject.
- Experience of working with project developers and owners at various stages of project development.
- Understanding of the technical and commercial contracting basis for projects
- Good understanding of relevant capabilities internally.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience of managing or influencing contractors and/or teams of consultants & engineers.
- Experience of building long-term Customer relationships and the communication skills required for this.
- Strong quality assurance skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experienced in preparing or supporting the preparation of successful proposals for major consultancy engagements.
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills.
- Good understanding of the UK wind and solar development and construction market.