Allen & York Ltd have been approached by one of the largest transportation consultancies to source a dynamic and highly experienced individual to fill the role of Senior Engineer based their West Midlands office. Experience within drainage, Civil 3D and AutoCAD is what our client is after.
Our client aims to create a working environment that will provide enjoyment, challenges and a sense of satisfaction, whilst prompting and supporting any staff that wish to develop and progress in their profession.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
- You will have the capability to work on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously, and be fully involved in the planning of project design.
- You will be assisting in maintaining the balance of skills and experience within the design team and be prepared to take a leading role in design of technically challenging projects.
- Be confident is using key design software.
- Must be fully conversant with industry standard design software packages, in particular Civil 3D and drainage, and takes active interest in the implementation and development of design standards and technology.
- You must be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and delegate design responsibility to others and act as a mentor to less experienced staff.
- Have an aptitude/capability to deal with clients on any technical matters, in a professional manner.
- You will have strong IT skills in the use of above mentioned technical software, Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD combined with a practical approach. You will also be able to demonstrate ability to work well in a team environment whilst also having personal initiative.
- You will be able to show that you have effective communication, management and personal effectiveness skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- We expect that candidates will need to have at least five years relevant industry experience.
Recent Company Accolades:
- Investors in People Gold standard
- ACE Training Initiative of the Year 2016
- ACE Best UK Business Performance for a Medium-sized Firm 2016
- Top 30 ranking in the country by New Civil Engineer
- Best Retention Strategy - December 2016 - CITA
- People Development Award - December 2015 - East Midlands Chamber of Commerce
Our client is offering the successful candidate a competitive salary and generous benefits.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.