Transport & Infrastructure - Senior Engineer
Our Client, an engineering design consultancy, is looking for a Senior Engineer to join their team in the Midlands area.
The successful candidate will be working on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously, undertaking most aspects of preliminary and detailed design of public highways including geometry, drainage, pavements and other elements of highway schemes.
- Assist with maintaining the balance of skills and experience within the Transport & Infrastructure Design team.
- Take a leading internal role in the design of technically challenging projects.
- Contribute to the development of technical knowledge in the use of key design software.
Experience / Skills:
- Fully conversant with industry standard design software packages; preferably Civil 3D (although extensive experience in the use of OpenRoads or PDS would be considered as long as there is a willingness to train on Civil 3D) and Microdrainage.
- Take an active interest in the implementation and development of design standards and emerging technology.
- Capable of working independently in producing drawn details of their design work in the form of AutoCAD drawings for regulatory approval and construction.
- Demonstrate an aptitude, and preferably an ability, to effectively delegate design responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff.
- Aptitude or capabilities in an outward facing capacity as our Client's representative in dealings with our clients on Technical Matters.
- Able to show that you have strong communication, management and personal effectiveness skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- At least five years' relevant industry experience.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.