|Job Title:||Senior Engineer (Wastewater Infrastructure)|
|Location:||UK - Wales - South Wales, Newport|
|Salary:||Salary - £35-45,000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Collins|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Senior Engineer (Wastewater Infrastructure)
Would you like to be part of a Water team delivering projects for clients such as utilities companies, Natural Resources Wales, Environment Agency and local government? Working closely with their multi-disciplinary colleagues our client are involved in a wide variety of projects ranging from pumping stations, reservoirs, sewer overflows, to tidal lagoons and flooding schemes.
They are seeking a Senior Engineer to join the team in Newport and manage a number of wastewater infrastructure schemes. They will take a key role in delivering these projects and will act as Project Manager across a number of projects.
A background in water (particularly wastewater infrastructure) is useful, but not essential.
- Project manage small to medium size schemes with responsibility for client relationship management, financial control and delivery.
- Imaginatively develop solutions to bring about the desired efficiencies.
- Prepare design calculations, reports and specifications to support their designs.
- Oversee the production of outline design and construction drawings and be responsible for the quality of these deliverables.
- Liaise with Clients, other groups and members of the delivery team.
- Provide input to bid responses and project forecasting.
- Be responsible for the financial, quality and programme deliverables for their projects.
- Lead junior staff in delivery of projects.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering (or similar)
- Chartered Member of the ICE (or similar)
- A background within the UK Water Industry (or similar)
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- A team player with good oral and written communication skills
- Financially astute with effective planning and organisation skills
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges