|Job Title:||Engineer - Wind Assessment|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £55000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a leading multinational independent expert advisory group that provides services to the international Renewable Energy sector.
They are currently seeking a Wind Assessment Engineer for their Project Development team.
The primary focus of this role is to undertake technical analysis of onshore and offshore wind farms at the pre-construction and post-construction stage applying mathematical models and techniques, this role will involve producing detailed, high quality reports for clients to enable them to decide upon the feasibility of developing the site as a wind farm. The role will be primarily focused on the UK and Irish market, Scandinavia and Baltics, with occasional work for other regions.
- Undertake energy production assessments which include the following:
- Site visits and meeting clients
- Wind data processing and quality checking
- Correlation analysis
- Wind flow and wake modelling
- Review of energy losses
- Statistical analysis and produce a report
- Undertake site conditions assessments which include elements of the above but also a review of:
- Extreme wind speed
- Ambient and wake induced turbulence intensity
- Wind shear
- Temperature range
- Produce detailed reports which review the feasibility of sites for development which will include feasibility studies
- Site meteorological measurements
- Shadow flicker assessments
- Noise modelling
- Visual impact assessments
- All of the above work will be undertaking following the company's best practice analytical techniques.
- Managing multiple projects to ensure they are completed within timescale and budget.
- Any other duties as directed by line management.
- Manage and conduct standard assessments mostly autonomously.
- You will be regularly involved in checking the work of others to ensure that it complies with the company's best practice techniques.
- Regular client contact and possibly acting as the primary contact person for a regular client.
- Write proposals for new work as directed by line manager.
- Participate in R&D projects as and when required.
- Take on a team level responsibility such as tool development, liaison with local meteorological office or similar.
- Assist in the training and development of less experienced members of the team.
- Department managers and other members of the team (regular basis) will assist with training, skills and knowledge which will be developed through working on projects. Regular contact with Heads of Section for UK & Ireland.
- Manager: reporting, decision-making and issue escalation.
- Clients and stakeholders for projects - varied and geographically spread within the wind industry market (UK, Ireland & Scandinavia). Regular contact through email and telephone exchanges will be required with occasional meetings and site visits.
- External organisations/professionals - review of methodologies and discussion of best practice approaches where appropriate.
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree in mechanical or environmental engineering, physics, atmospheric science or mathematics field or equivalent.
- Proven experience in wind resource assessments.
- Proven experience either in consultancy or developer environment.
- Aptitude for statistical analysis of data.
- Ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports in English and local language when necessary.
- Good organisational and effective time management skills as you will be required to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment - operating to tight timescales.
- Exposure and familiarity with wind energy industry software and measurement techniques, e.g. Windfarmer.
- Fluency in other languages desirable
Please contact Sally Woods for further information