Senior Environmental Clerk of Works
You will need to deliver Environmental services and other environmental support on various projects.
You will primarily be working with energy generation, transmission and distribution areas and opportunities to work on various types of projects.
You will undertake regular site work and while projects will mainly be within the UK, there may be opportunities to work internationally.
You will be responsible for establishing and growing our services, and supporting business development activity when required.
You will be required to assist in development and day to day support / management of additional staff.
Other activities will be:
- Supporting the Environmental Impact Assessment process
- Supporting the environmental permitting process through provision of specialist advice
- Preparing Environmental Management Plans, Waste Management Plans or Construction Management Plans
- Supporting strategic projects or due diligence reviews through provision of specialist advice
- Undertaking Preliminary Ecological Appraisals
- Undertaking environmental auditing.
You should be an experienced consultant and have practical experience of energy projects. They should also be capable of taking a leading role within the team and providing mentoring and development support where required.
You will need excellent customer focus and is able to interpret client requirements and manage and deliver on projects.You will be engaging proactively with clients to deliver new business opportunities as well as maintaining current relationships, undertaking and managing project work, writing and reviewing documents and reports and managing, supporting and guiding other team members.
- Delivering projects to a high level of technical competency based on previous experience. It is expected that the candidate would be experienced and capable of acting autonomously.
- Actively managing client relationships and ensure that their needs and expectations are understood.
- Managing large multi-disciplinary projects, communicating with clients as required.
- Working independently, whilst discussing projects openly to share lessons learned and expert knowledge or experience.
- Defining work scopes for others to undertake project work on the projects they are managing.
- Ensuring all work is reviewed at appropriate stages, peer reviewing others' work to ensure consistency, accuracy and that it meets clients' expectations, authorising the release of deliverables.
- Identifying risks within their projects, communicating regularly with the rest of the project team and elevating any issues to Project Director or Commercial Director if support is required.
- Supporting other members of the team as required providing one-to-one or group training.
- Contributing to, or managing the preparation of, proposals, including commercial aspects, involving others as required.
- Managing their own time and delivering multiple or large, complex projects on time/budget, managing client expectations and scope changes as required.
- Communicating availability and their project requirements to the resource manager and aim to keep their levels of project work high.
- Maintaining and sharing market intelligence.
- Considering their impact on health and safety, quality and environment.
I look forward to receiving your application shortly. Please call or email Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 firstname.lastname@example.org