|Job Title:||Senior Environmental Consultant|
|Location:||Brighton, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Zoe Payne|
|Job Published:||22 days ago|
Senior Environmental Consultant
My client is an award winning global consultancy leader in flood risk assessments for planning and development, flood modelling and natural hazard risk assessment. They are based in Sussex
They are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Senior Consultant with excellent commercial and client communication skills and able to join our Flood Management team.
As a Senior Environmental Consultant, you will become a key part of the existing consulting team; producing Flood Risk Assessment and related reports for planning and other purposes and crucially, checking and authorising the work of more junior members of staff. You will also have exposure to projects internationally in the field of natural hazard risk assessment
As such, experience of leading projects and a comprehensive understanding of current flood risk planning policies are critical.
You will be degree educated to BSc. (or ideally MSc.) level in Geography/Environmental Science/Natural Hazards/Environmental Engineering/Civil Engineering. You will understand the commercial elements of consultancy, and will be confident speaking with existing and potential clients as well as bringing in new business.
You will also have the following experience:
- At least three years' experience leading consultancy projects;
- Understanding of the NPPF, TAN 15, PPS15, SPP;
- Working with and liaising with government bodies (EA, NRW, SEPA etc.) and councils;
- Commercial awareness and client relationship management skills;
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills;
- Project and time management skills and ability to self-manage;
- Willingness to contribute to developing more junior members of the team using your knowledge;
- Experience of Flood Modeller Pro / ISIS tuflow / or similar (not essential);
- The ability to work in a team and contribute proactively.
Ideally, candidates will also have experience or exposure to one or more of the following:
- Surface water drainage schemes;
- Contaminated Land;
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Quantitative Risk Assessment.
This role comes with tailored training and a competitive salary.
I look forward to receiving your application shortly, Please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org