Senior Environmental Consultant - Manchester
As a result of continued growth an interesting position has arisen for a Senior Environmental Consultant to join a growing Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) & Environmental Management team based in central Manchester. You will be joining a dynamic and growing team within a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy serving a wide range of commercial, energy, government, property, transport and utilities clients.
The EIA/EM teams are currently supporting clients on a range of nationally and regionally important planning applications, public inquiries and the environmental management of projects before, during and after construction. You will have an influential role within these projects from the outset and will help shape our response to new market opportunities.
- Environmental Statement, report and environmental management documentation preparation and editing,
- Leading EIA projects and other environmental studies,
- Working with regulators and liaising with clients,
- Providing advice on a wide range of environmental issues,
- Managing projects, including successful delivery, client management and financial control,
- Mentoring of junior staff,
- Assisting with production of proposals and tenders,
- Undertaking construction phase environmental management on projects,
- Providing and preparing environmental management documentation such as Construction Environmental Management Plans.
- Around five years of previous consultancy experience in a directly related field,
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors would be desirable: conventional power, renewable energy and associated electrical infrastructure, rail, property and electricity transmission,
- Comprehensive knowledge of UK environmental legislation,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Good team player, with the ability to work independently, and
- Enthusiastic and well organised.
- BSc degree level qualified in a relevant subject,
- Preferably MSc qualified in environmental impact assessment, environmental management or a closely related subject,
- Associate or Practitioner member of IEMA (or equivalent professional membership with another relevant body).
Salary and benefits:
- £Commensurate with experience,
- Contributory pension scheme,
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare, vouchers and private health care,
- Regular training and career development.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org