|Job Title:||Senior Environmental Planner|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Hampshire - Basingstoke|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
An environmental planner with post graduate experience in the planning and consents process, with EIA knowledge and experience. Whilst the post will be based in the Godalming or Basingstoke office, the role will involve work across the rest of the UK and there maybe occasional opportunities to be involved in projects abroad. The post will be within the Environmental Assessment, Management and Town Planning team. The successful candidate will need to be commercially aware and familiar with managing budgets as part of project delivery. They will be responsible for managing and delivering into a broad range of consents work including bidding, inception, design/assessment and consenting. The work involves infrastructure and development projects in most sectors, in particular Highways; Residential / Commercial, Power; Rail; and Waste. The role requires a good grounding in town planning and EIA expertise. Excellent report writing and communication skills are essential for this post which will also include exposure to clients.
- Management and coordination of multidisciplinary teams working on planning projects.
- Drafting, assembly and editing of Environmental Statements and reviewing of topic specialists' inputs.
- Project management with effective budgetary control on projects owned or delivered into by the EAM team.
- Desk studies, research, data management and report writing.
- Liaising with internal and external clients and statutory bodies, and public consultation, as necessary.
- Assistance with preparing consent applications which may include Town and Country Planning, Development Consent Order, Transport and Works Act etc.
- Supporting commercial role such as time, fee and other cost estimates and bid preparation.
- Provide support and guidance to junior consultants, oversee/ mentor their work.
- Be conversant with, and actively commit to, company health & safety policy and requirements.
- Build good internal relationships through responsiveness and a commercial approach.
- Follow company and business unit procedures and administration requirements.
- Organise and manage work in a professional and responsible manner.
- Previous experience of delivering planning and EIAs and working with multi-disciplinary teams, preferably working with engineers.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the UK planning system.
- Understanding of the town and country planning consents process.
- Experience of liaising with planning authorities and stakeholders.
- Understanding of a range of technical environment disciplines.
- Experience of Sustainability Appraisal and Strategic Environmental Assessment.
- Planning consultancy expertise.
- Degree level qualification in EIA and/or town planning.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject.
- Chartered status or progressing towards chartership with RTPI or IEMA
- Professional and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with colleagues and clients.
- Willingness to tackle new areas of work beyond core skill and enthusiasm for completing a job.
- Positive attitude with good team working skills.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against time and cost commitments.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Need to hold a full UK driving licence.