|Job Title:||Senior Environmental Planning Consultant|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, West Midlands - Birmingham|
|Contact Name:||Laurence Ainley|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Environmental Planning Consultant seeking to progress towards a team leader. The role will be in our Environmental Planning team based in our Birmingham office.
The successful applicant would be expected to lead or contribute to a wide range of development projects which will include taking responsibility for financial performance and commercial management.
The position will involve operational management of technical, commercial and financial aspects of all projects in the region. A key element of the role will be to work with the Service Manager to improve the operational performance and client base of the Team.
The successful applicant will already have proven experience in EIA and Environmental Project Management and a good knowledge of other facets of Environmental Planning including air quality, ecology or heritage. The role will provide an opportunity for an individual to demonstrate a broad range of environmental skills by managing services across these and other environmental disciplines.
Our work is varied and widespread supporting our clients on projects both locally and throughout the UK as required. We value innovation and encourage thinking ‘outside of the box’, while always seeking to provide commercial solutions to complex environmental issues.
Alongside your technical advancement we also offer a range of internal personal development programmes including:-
- Wellbeing Seminars
- Professional mentoring
This is just a sample of some of our in-house programmes, at BWB the learning and support is endless.
About the team
The Environmental Planning team are at the forefront of BWB’s planning services with involvement at all stages in the planning cycle from feasibility through to master planning and the discharge of conditions. The Environmental Planning team take the lead with BWB’s planning services to deliver a wide range of projects across a broad spectrum of market sectors.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenge, enjoyment and a real sense of satisfaction with a view to encouraging personal and professional development in all our staff.
BWB have recently won two major accolades from the ACE (Association for Consultancy and Engineering) annual Consultancy and Engineering Awards 2016: Best UK Business Performance for a Medium-Sized Firm, and Training Initiative of the Year.Essential criteria
We are seeking candidate with the following qualities:
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
- Proactive approach with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to prioritise team workloads and manage resources to ensure efficient delivery of projects.
- Highly self-organised and able to deliver own and facilitate others, to deliver projects to time, quality and cost constraints.
- Commercially astute with strong and effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as a proven ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Has the skills and personality to build and develop high-performing teams in an environment that encourages individuals to fulfil their potential.
- Keen to keep learning to improve own breadth of knowledge and technical expertise.
Ideally the successful candidate will be a graduate in an environmental discipline and be progressing towards Chartership with a relevant professional institution. Membership of IEMA is desirable but not essential.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate good experience and working knowledge of the following areas of work:
- Project management in the Environmental Sector.
- A good understanding of the Town and Country planning process.
- The standards and guidelines that govern our industry.
- Experience and proficiency in using GIS and AutoCAD packages would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel and a full driving license are essential to the role.