Senior Environmental Policy Consultant - Air Quality and Industrial Emissions
Various Locations: London, Bristol, Reading, Edinburgh
A leading multidisciplinary consultancy is seeking to expand their policy and economics team, and wanting to recruit a senior consultant specialising in UK and/or European air quality and/or industrial emissions policy.
They are providing policy, technical and economic advice on the development and implementation of environmental policy. climate change, the team focuses on air quality, chemicals and water policy. My client works closely with the European Commission, UK and other European government departments.
- You will be working with international, multi-disciplinary project teams, and you will provide policy development and implementation analysis; evaluate existing policy and technical measures; support cost-benefit analyses.
- You will have the ability to draft reports and deliver verbal presentations in English to a high standard.
- You will be qualified to Master's degree level in environmental policy, science, engineering, law, economics, social sciences or a closely related subject.
- We would typically expect 5 to 10 years' of relevant experience within consultancy, government, research or industry.
You will have knowledge of one or more of the following topics:
- EU and UK air quality legislation and strategies;
- Industrial Emissions Directive, including development and / or application of Best Available Techniques guidance;
- causes and effects of air pollutants;
- emission inventories and projections;
- conventional and unconventional fuels;
- emission management and control technologies and measures;
You will be familiar with the process of policy development and implementation; evaluation of technical and policy measures; cost-benefit analysis; data collection, validation and analysis.
I look forward to discussing this opportunity further and receiving your application shortly. Please contact Zoe Payne