Senior Environmental Planner - Manchester
This is an opportunity to work on a broad range of projects of varying degree and size across the UK, with one of the world's leading multidisciplinary consultancies, in a supportive and collaborative environment.
The Role of Senior Environmental Planner
You will be responsible for managing and delivering into a broad range of consents projects. You will keep projects to time and budget, while continuing to focus on client needs to support fast and cost-effective responses to demands. You will fit into and support an established and successful team and there is clear opportunity and potential to advance your career, eventually stepping into a line manager position. The role will include helping to develop new and existing work streams (internal and external) and to actively manage client relationships.
Whilst the post will be based in the Manchester office, the role will involve work across the rest of the UK and there maybe occasional opportunities to be involved in projects abroad. The projects you would be a part of include infrastructure and development projects in most sectors, in particular Highways; Power; Rail; and Residential/ Commercial Development and Waste.
Typical daily activities of the Senior Environmental Planner will include;
* Management and coordination of multidisciplinary teams working on planning projects.
* Drafting, assembly and editing of Environmental Statements and reviewing of specialists' inputs.
* Project management with effective budgetary control on projects owned/delivered into by team.
* Desk studies, research, data management and report writing.
* Liaising with internal/external clients and statutory bodies, and public consultation, as necessary.
* Assistance with preparing consent applications
* Supporting commercial role such as time, fee and other cost estimates and bid preparation.
* Provide support/guidance to junior consultants and where required, oversee/ mentor their work.
* Be conversant with, and actively commit to, company health & safety policy and requirements.
* Build good internal relationships through responsiveness and a commercial approach.
* Follow company and business unit procedures and administration requirements.
* Organise and manage work in a professional and responsible manner.
Requirements to be consider for the role of Senior Environmental Planner;
* Degree level qualification in EIA and/or town planning
* Postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject
* Chartered status or progressing towards chartership with RTPI
* Previous experience of delivering planning and EIAs and working with multi-disciplinary teams, preferably working with engineers.
* Sound knowledge and experience of the UK planning system
* Understanding of the town and country planning consents process
* Experience of liaising with planning authorities and stakeholders
* Commercial awareness
* Familiar with managing budgets as part of project delivery
* Excellent report writing and communication skills are essential
* Understanding of a range of technical environment disciplines.
* Professional and able to work on own initiative.
* Strong interpersonal skills with colleagues and clients.
* Willingness to tackle new areas of work beyond core skill and enthusiasm for completing a job.
* Positive attitude with good team working skills.
* Need to hold a full UK driving license.
Interested? Get in touch;
Please contact me today to discuss this role in more detail. I am available any time for an informal and very confidential chat;
Sarah Kerr Planning and Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!