Senior Fire Safety Consultant – London or Manchester
Global leading buildings and Infrastructure Company are looking for an experienced and qualified Senior Fire Safety Consultant to join their growing team. The successful candidate will join either their London or Manchester team and will be given the expertise and knowledge to guide your career to the next level.
The team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. They have an enviable reputation in the delivery of a range of infrastructure schemes and work closely with blue chip clients in the Water, Power, Rail, Aviation, Highways, Environmental, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical and Energy sectors delivering their most important projects.
Clients include: Network Rail Infrastructure, Highways England, Aviation Portfolio, Renewable Energy sector, National Grid, UK Power Networks, EA Framework, Project Delivery for Pharmaceutical Sector, Water Capital Investment Projects.
This position will require supporting design projects on mainline and metro station developments. The successful consultant will work predominantly within the rail sector, although opportunities to support other sectors may arise from time-to-time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Fire Engineering strategy development & Philosophy
- Escape and Evacuation Analysis
- Fire and Smoke Modelling and Analysis covering physical phenomena associated with fires e.g. combustion, smoke and heat transport, radiation & suppression ([incl. the use of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) methods and tools]
- Fire standards and building codes, including British Standards, NFPA, and Approved Document B
- Fire Suppression and Fire Detection Performance Specification
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management and Third Party Review/Design Verification
- Risk Based Interpretation and Application of Codes of Practice
- As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) demonstration
- London Underground and Network Rail standards and guidance such as RSPG and LUL- S1371.
- Evaluation of blast loadings arising from ignition of flammable gas clouds and detonations of explosive devices and materials.
- Knowledge of blast modelling of gas explosion scenarios such as Vapour Cloud Explosions, Pressure Vessel Bursts and Boiling Liquid Evaporating Vapour Explosions would be considered beneficial
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- The applicant shall have recent experience of the application of fire safety engineering skills (as described above) in the rail sector.
- Subsurface ('section 12') station and passenger walking routes
- Train tunnels
- Multi-modal transport hubs
- Major station areas with retail facilities
- Control centres
- Heavy train-maintenance facilities
This opportunity of Senior Fire Safety Consultant offers a competitive salary including excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively please contact Ashley Smith on 01202 888986 or email@example.com
Please be advised if you have not heard back from us within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.