Senior Flood Risk Management Consultant
A challenging but rewarding position has just arisen for a Senior Flood Risk Management Consultant. You will need to deliver sustainable development through the management of flood risk, by understanding the natural processes and providing creative solutions to minimise the risk to both people and the environment. For more information, please call Barrie Dempster on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be responsible for the preparation of high level technical reports and undertaking analytical work to support the consultancy in delivering high quality results. The main focus of the role of 'Senior Flood Risk Management Consultant' will be to undertake data analysis techniques, writing and working autonomously to deliver projects.
The role demands an excellent level of organisation and time management, particularly in meeting
report deadlines and managing multiple projects and clients.
3. MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Within this role you would be expected to prepare technical reports autonomously from
inception to delivery and to provide assistance to other members of the team in respect to
data analysis and report writing.
- Examples of some of the reports and types of analysis you would be expected to prepare,
or contribute to, include the following;
Flood Risk Assessments in accordance with the NPPF
Flood Risk Scoping Assessments
Sequential Test Statements
Emergency Flood Evacuation Plans
Compensatory Flood Storage Reports
Erosion and Flood Protection Design
Numerical Flood Modelling
- Prepare design briefs and specifications, including drawing plans and technical data.
- To undertake analytical work to aid in problem solving and to determine the risks associated
to development sites in relation to environmental factors such as flooding.
- To provide statistical information and data analysis as necessary. This is to include a
working knowledge of, and the application of numerical software - including the following
packages as a minimum; TUFLOW, ESTRY, Flood Modeller, FEH, ReFH2, Win FAP.
- Required to prepare orders and to obtain estimates for works, for example;
topographic/bathymetric surveys, mapping data, flood data and site investigation works.
This will include writing quotations and preparing tender documentation
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities to project team members. To undertake a project management role on designated projects and to deliver project work plans. Expected to show an ability to revise these plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and the requirements of the project.
- Work closely with relevant stake holders and clients to ensure effective and efficient implementation of project(s) and establish effective lines of communication with the client.
- To ensure work is done in accordance with, and to recognised standards of the industry and the consulting practice.
- To perform site inspections/visits to aid in the preparation of technical reports; such as breach models, flood improvement works, hydrological studies etc.
Summary of Expectations for Career Grade
Position Summary of Expectations
? Required to work autonomously on all levels of projects within
their business sector. Inception to delivery.
? Liaise with clients and agents in a professional and courteous
manner, providing advice (independently) and support to clients
? Excellent ability to communicate in an effective manner at all
? Excellent time management and project management ability.
? Excellent technical knowledge of all aspects of business sector
and those sectors directly related.
? Have good commercial awareness within their business sector -
can be demonstrated through both the quality and quantity of
projects managed and delivered successfully.
? Support to other team members, providing guidance where
? Prepare quotations and compile tender documentation and
? Assist the Business Sector Lead to prepare more complex
? Assist in workload distribution.
Applicants would be expected to be
? MCIWEM or equivalent
? Assessment ready for Chartered status (CWEM, CEng, CSci,
CEnv or equivalent)
For more information, please call Barrie Dempster on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com
I look forward to receiving your applications