Senior Freshwater Ecologist - East Midlands
My client is a multidisciplinary consultancy operating throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland. They are now looking to expand their Ecology and Fisheries Division with a Senior Freshwater Ecologist.
- Reporting to the Divisional Manager, and working closely with other members of our Ecology, Fisheries and Environmental Monitoring Teams
- Experience in managing a range of projects, mainly focusing on investigations relating to all aspects of aquatic ecology, with a key focus on freshwater aquatic macro-invertebrates and macrophytes monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of diatom, phytoplankton and zooplankton sampling would also be beneficial.
- Manage the day to day running of the freshwater laboratory
- There will be opportunities to contribute to our broader portfolio of projects which include fisheries surveys, habitat restoration projects, and incident response and water quality investigations
- Client liaison and business development, including the production of bids and tenders, project and budget management, as well as managing client relationships
- The ability to design monitoring programmes, lead field teams, write high quality technical reports and give technically robust advice to internal and external clients.
Who You Are:
- Relevant degree
- At least 2 years practical experience in a Freshwater Ecology role
- Previous commercial or regulatory experience would be an advantage
- Strong technical knowledge in all relevant aspects of aquatic ecology, principally
- A high level of technical knowledge and capability in all relevant aspects of involving aquatic macro-invertebrates, macrophytes and freshwater habitats, with appropriate accreditations (e.g. MTR, RHS, PSYM, RCS)
- In-depth knowledge of industry standard aquatic ecology monitoring techniques, practices, equipment and analysis in accordance with WFD (e.g. RICT, BMWP, ASPT, WHPT)
- Understand relevant legislation in relation to the aquatic environment, and its practical implementation
- A high level of commitment to providing an excellent customer experience and high levels of service.
- Be well-versed in the use of Microsoft Office (in particular MS Word and MS Excel)
- A full UK driving licence, your own vehicle, and a willingness to work throughout the UK
- Holds Protected Species Licences
- GIS Skills (Mapinfo or ArcGIS)
- Phase 1 Habitat Survey Accredited
- MTR Accreditted
- CSCS/LISS Card
- 4x4 Lantra Training
- Trailer Towing Licence
What's on Offer:
- Competitive salary (£25,000 - £29,000)
- Bonus Scheme
- Company vehicle for site visits
- Flexible benefits
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!