This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking to take their career to the next level and join our growing team as Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer in Manchester. The perfect candidate will have proven experience in managing teams and projects and advising clients on maximising the potential of brownfield land across both contamination and geotechnical aspects, primarily associated with the built environment.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Managing day to day technical and logistical activities of geo-environmental projects within
- Manchester Office, reporting to Principal and Director;
Overseeing and contributing to:
- scoping, specifying, procuring and supervising Phase I desk studies, Phase II site investigations, including contractor supervision and H&S aspects;
- qualitative and quantitative human health and controlled waters risk assessments;
- remediation activities including options appraisals, strategies, detailed design, procurement, supervision and sign off.
- Working with other disciplines to deliver high profile schemes to the satisfaction of our clients.
- Mentoring and line management of junior members of staff.
- Assisting in the winning of business to maintain the current and expanding Geo Environmental technical team.
- Supporting senior management in managing and reporting local cost centre financial performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good first degree in Earth Science related discipline.
- Further degree in Contaminated Land or Ground Engineering discipline.
- Chartered Status (or close to attaining).
- Experience in a similar multi-disciplinary consultancy.
- Proven technical experience commensurate to the role in either geotechnical or
- contamination aspects, with applied knowledge of both.
- Experience in a client facing role, with BD skills an advantage.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to manage people.
- Valid driving licence.
Applicants must have right to work in the UK without restriction.