|Job Title:||Senior GeoEnvironmental/GeoTechnical Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £37500.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Herbert|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Allen & York have recently been instructed to work closely with one of, if not the, top GeoEnvironmental consultancy in the UK. We are looking for a Senior level individual in the East Midlands with a strong track record within the UK consultancy market. You will have at least 5 years within the sector, working with an established, respected consultancy working on a range of residential, mixed use and light industry developments.
You will be completing a range of desk and field based work, including phase 1 and phase 2 desk studies (knowledge of phase 3 remedial design would be advantageous but is not essential), and other office based duties as and when needed. On site, you will be supervising a range of intrusive works, and remediation implementation where required. First hand experience supervising sub contractors is an essential requirement.
- BSc degree level qualified in Geology or a related subject essential
- MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering or Contaminated Land related subjects preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of contaminated land and planning legislation
- Experience of undertaking ground investigation for environmental and geotechnical purposes
- Able to demonstrate knowledge/experience in the field of geotechnics/engineering geology, ideally with an appreciation of the impact of Eurocode 7
- Experience of preparing and assisting with interpretative reports for environmental and geotechnical purposes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual
- Candidates must be willing to spend a significant amount of their working day out on site and away from home.
- Full UK driving licence.
If you would like further details about the role or the client, please get in touch for a confidential conversation.