We are recruiting for Senior Geotechnical Engineer based in Peterborough, working for one of the UK's largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale.
You will be working for an organisation that is renowned for their focus on building strategic relationships with their clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention.
To respond to this opportunity, we seek a highly motivated individual to help mobilise a new presence in the East Midlands region. The vision is to establish a small team of up to 10 staff in year one of the contract and then grow incrementally thereafter responding to local opportunities. This role will work closely with the Professional Services Team in Cambridgeshire and their Infrastructure Services Team which is based in Ipswich.
Skills and Experience
- You will be a Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE) or other related profession accredited by the Engineering Council.
- You will have proven post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highway and general civil engineering geotechnical design and construction.
- You will be able to demonstrate a high level of good communication skills at a written and verbal level.
You will be able to demonstrate a proven ability in the delivery of projects. This shall include the following attributes:
- Proven delivery of Geotechnical Engineering solutions to projects at a variety of scales and complexities assisting with projects so that they are delivered on time and on budget;Advanced knowledge and understanding of ground investigation, geotechnical design, slope stability, earthworks and foundations along with related software, applications, current standards and processes;
- Possess a knowledge and understanding of Highways England geotechnical processes, specifications and standards;
- To manage resources to align with changing workload patterns to meet project demands;
- To prepare fee proposals for packages of work;
- To access the contractual and commercial exposure a package of work may have and initiate the necessary mitigation measures;
- Working in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure integrity of the overall design;
- Preparing detailed geotechnical reports;
- The quality and accuracy of technical output;
- Providing geotechnical support to other Engineering disciplines;
- Providing technical direction to project design teams;
- Preparing detailed designs, specifications and construction documents;
- Preparing cost estimates and feasibility evaluations of projects;
- Applying quality requirements to own work and work of team;
- An extensive working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, and Codes of Practice;
- Preparation of schemes for invitation of tender using the NEC3 Form of Contract, the Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement;
- Evidence of excellent communication skills showing both orally and in writing. This shall cover the production of technical reports, preparation of letters and statements, to a range of recipients;
- The ability to deliver quality through implementing and adapting to achieve continuous improvement;
- Evidence of the skill to consult and negotiate on engineering schemes and contractual matters;
- Extensive knowledge of relevant highway and civil engineering statutory procedures with particular reference to Health and Safety;
- A leading commitment to quality by a positive attitude to change management and ongoing interpretation of organisational aims and objectives.
- Tact and diplomacy in all interpersonal relationships, the skill to gain the co-operation of others and work effectively as a member of a team.
- A full UK driving licence
We look forward to receiving your application