Senior Health & Safety Consultant
Location: Hemel, Bristol or Tunbridge Wells Based Offices
Within my client the environment, health and safety team is fast paced, and is part of a larger group of EHS compliance professionals, where no two days the same.
So why you you be interested?..
A typical day may include providing Health & Safety and CDM compliance advice to clients, designers and principal contractors, supporting the team with business development meetings with existing or new clients; development of EHS management systems; auditing of client construction sites and premises; development and delivery of training and specific legislative compliance support and advice both in the UK and abroad.
They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Consultant to join their established multi-disciplinary team working in the South-East.
- Working on a range of projects providing CDM advisor and principal designer support to clients and principal designers;
- Provision of health and safety management systems and audit support;
- Carrying out research into health and safety issues, legislation and other topics;
- Construction site visits to assess compliance with Construction Phase Plans and client imposed site rules, carry out due diligence regarding Health and Safety and environmental issues;
- Assessment of Health and Safety competency of contractors;
- Preparing and delivering accredited and bespoke Health and Safety training;
- Assisting with production of proposals and tenders;
- Providing advice on HSE issues;
- Supporting with project administration and financial management;
- Possibility of occasional overseas work.
Desired experience and qualities
- 3 years of experience working on consultancy projects
- Previous experience of CDM and Health & Safety support within a consultancy environment
- Good knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation
- Association of Project Safety membership and working towards IMaPS / CMaPS
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate desirable
- Membership of IOSH and working towards Chartered membership
- Working knowledge of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player, with ability to work autonomously, enthusiastic and well organised
- Availability to travel throughout the UK and occasionally elsewhere
- Full Driving License
Salary and benefits:
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers, cycle to work and private health care
- Regular training and career development
Please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 for an informal discussion.