|Job Title:||Senior Highway Design Engineer|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Surrey - Egham|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
As Senior / Principal Highway Engineer you will be required to carry out highway and infrastructure design for a range of projects varying in both complexity and size. You will be an integral member of a design team contributing to cost effective technical solutions which meet the expectations of clients and the business with respect to quality of deliverables, budget and programme.
- Working in a team of engineers and technicians on the delivery on both highway and infrastructure projects from the feasibility stage through to construction.
- Visiting sites to carry out site reconnaissance surveys and to supervise construction.
- Support to senior staff on larger projects as required.
- Manage the work undertaken by engineers and technicians.
- Undertake the daily management of projects, meeting both budget and programme targets as required.
- Assist senior staff with supporting the Transport Planning team with respect to undertaking highway feasibility design and the production of budget construction cost estimates.
- Training and mentoring of junior staff to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Liaising with highway authorities and statutory bodies on project related matters and at a level appropriate for the role.
- Liaison with the client's project team including attendance at design and project meetings.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant vocational qualifications (MEng, BEng, MSc, HND and HNC or equivalent) along with significant recent experience in highways and infrastructure design.
- Experience in the design of all aspects of highway and infrastructure projects from conceptual layout to detailed design all to a high standard of quality.
- Experienced in the use of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (Volume 6) for highway link and junction design and with local highway authority standards.
- Experienced in working with multiple disciplines (architects, planners, geotechnical, structures etc).
- Proven experience of liaison with local highway authorities with respect to the obtaining of technical approvals for adoptable highway works.
- Some experience in the managing and mentoring of graduate engineers and technicians.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software particularly MS Excel and Word.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Hold a valid Full UK driving licence.
- Ideally you will have membership of or working towards membership of an appropriate professional institution (IHT or ICE)
- Previous experience with a major consulting engineering company would be beneficial but not essential.
Our client is offering a competitive salary (dependant on your level of experience) plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, Health and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy.