A role for a Senior Highway Technician has arisen with our client a leading professional services and engineering consultancy at their site in East Grinstead. The position is based within the civil engineering team and requires extensive experience in the geometric design of highways.
- Prepare geometric designs for highway engineering schemes through preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
- Take a technical leadership role for the geometric design of highways.
- Undertake design work in accordance with quality procedures and CDM legislation.
- Liaise with engineers responsible to optimise design solutions for highway structures, drainage and earthworks.
- Deliver project design activities within programme time and budget.
- Technical experience in highway alignment design including proficiency in use of INROADS or equivalent for highways and earthworks modelling.
- Experience of CAD delivery in AutoCad or Microstation.
- Knowledge of DMRB.
- Previously managed programme budgets for design tasks and work within quality management procedures.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Professionally qualified technician.
- Experience of working with contractors on design and build projects.
- Experience of Highway England or local authority design and technical approval processes.
- Active team member who can take ownership of tasks and follow through to successful completion.
- Use own initiative and work effectively under pressure and take on responsibilities when required.
- Strong communicator with attention to detail and confident liaison skills.
- Want to learn and develop new skills and progress career.
- Good team player to support junior staff in developing their own skills.
This is a great opportunity to join an established civil engineering team who are expanding and looking for talented individuals who will flourish working on major infrastructure projects, apply with your CV.