|Job Title:||Senior Highways Design Engineer|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Gladdis|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Highly sought an experienced Senior Highways Design Engineer by our client a multi-disciplinary consultancy to join their property & infrastructure division. You will on UK and international projects based from their Manchester office.
You will be involved through feasibility and detailed design phases to the supervision of construction works, where you will have responsibility for a team of Engineers, Technicians and Clerk of Works.
- Assist in development and implementation of work programmes.
- Involvement of technical aspects required for project delivery.
- Ensure that standards of quality, health and safety, environmental and time are met.
- Oversee a team of engineers and technicians to deliver on a varied scope of projects
Bachelors or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council, or Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE) or another related accreditation.
- Minimum 5 years' post qualification experience in both bridges and highway structures engineering design and construction.
- Solid understanding of legislation, standards and procedures, with working knowledge of highway and civil engineering specifications and methods of measurement.
- Strong communication skills with ability to deal with external organisations, statutory bodies and clients
- Previous involvement in preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems and resolutions.
- Understanding of legislation and guidelines i.e. Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice;
- Use of NEC3
- Previously supervised and monitored works on site
- Has assisted in preparing fee estimates and bid work;
- Compliance of teams work to Health and Safety, CDM Regulations and other legislation.
- Supervise junior members of the team work allocation and assist in training, developing and monitoring performance
- Working knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel. Cad designs and drawings in 3D.
- A full UK driving licence
- Experienced gained from Local Authority environment.
- Prepared to occasionally work weekends/evenings to attend meetings or supervise.
You can make a difference and be part of an innovative urban design team where you will be involved on many complex and high profile projects also gaining from a good salary and benefits.
To be part of this growing team please apply with your CV.