This is an exciting senior opportunity in the Commercial Department within a renewable energy company based in the South West of England.
The core responsibility of the Senior Investment Analyst is to head up the Investment Analysis Desk which sits as part of the Commercial Department, reporting into the Renewable Technologies team.
The desk consisting of two individuals is responsible for all of the financial modelling and reporting on the company's projects and investment opportunities, as well as developing a portfolio of origination contracts with third party generation assets with the aim of purchasing green power and gas at the best rate possible, as well as reducing the energy trading costs.
This requires interaction with both external counter parties and many internal stakeholders across the Commercial and Finance departments in order to deliver efficient reporting, allowing senior management to make informed decisions about the direction of the business.
As the Commercial Department broadens its scope in reaction to changes in the Energy Industry and development of new opportunities, there will be increasing interaction with policy makers such as DECC and Ofgem as well as the need to develop useful professional relationships with counter parties in the industry.
The desk is also responsible for working with internal stake holders and financial institutions as the company seeks finance for its projects.
The successful candidate will need to effectively manage the Renewable Energy Investment Analyst as well as taking on a challenging work load of their own.
The Renewable Technology team is a dynamic team responsible for investigating all aspects of renewable technologies, from analysis of emerging concepts and valuation of all projects through to procurement of equipment and ongoing financial assessments. The team is highly adaptive to ever changing policy and reactive to new technologies making a breakthrough in the renewable sector.
- Development and maintenance of financial models for a wide variety of investment opportunities
- Providing regular updates on on-going renewable projects to relevant stakeholders
- Designing, implementing and controlling new financial models and systems
- Financial analysis of all current and prospective energy projects
- Effective management of the Renewable Energy Investment Analyst
- Direct input into director & managerial project decisions
- Renewable subsidy forecasting - CfDs, ROCs & FiTs
- Supporting the draft and presentation of Information Memorandum for sale and financing purposes, and support the due diligence process
- Working with the Finance and Legal departments to obtain construction finance and support re-financing activities, and to ensure accurate reporting of asset performance
- Working with regulation and compliance on responses to consultations on the changes to energy policy
- Developing relationships with financiers and other personnel in the industry
- Initial screening of investment opportunities
- Drafting reports on investment opportunities, putting forward key risks, mitigations and recommendations
- Contract management of PPA's and GPA's
- Supporting the development, presentation and negotiation of commercial arrangements
- Strong academic record
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Financial modelling experience using DCF/NPV valuation
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS Excel and SQL
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Concise reporting skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and interaction skills
- Self-motivated and conscientious attitude
- Highly Advanced Excel knowledge
- Advanced VBA and SQL knowledge
- An interest in investment, finance and the renewable energy sector
- Degree in a relevant subject (Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, Renewable Technology)
- Strong Mathematics skills
- Previous financial modelling experience
- Knowledge of taxation and accounting
- Knowledge of PPA and GPA markets
- Knowledge of Energy Trading
- Knowledge of UK transmission networks
- Accounting Qualification
Please contact Sally Woods for further information