We are engaged with global consultancy who operate within the environmental and sustainability space who are seeking to appoint a Principal Business Development Manager to join their account management team based in Stockholm. This particular role focuses on the Carbon services portfolio, selling carbon offsetting and reporting services to large multinationals and SMEs within the Nordics. The Principal Business Development Manager will have strong commercial acumen and responsible for growing their own business portfolio, reporting directly to the Managing Director for Sweden. You must be proficient in both Swedish and English languages, written and oral.
The ideal candidate will have experience selling carbon credits and GHG reporting services into the private sector. Furthermore, a good understanding of carbon neutrality standards and overall strong sustainability marketing knowledge; understanding supply chain product impacts such as deforestation risks.
The Principal Business Development Manager vacancy sits within the account management team focusing on the management of corporate clients in the Nordics. However, this will be a portfolio you will be responsible to build from the ground up! You will oversee key accounts, preparing proposals and completing sales cycles managing the timely delivery of projects.
To be considered for the role, you must have a technical understanding of carbon markets this includes knowledge in the project development process of carbon mitigation, as well as understanding of standards such as Verified Emission Reductions (VERs) and Compliance Emission Rights (CERs).
You will be responsible for analysing client needs and presenting solutions in a timely manner and to the highest of standards. This includes the preparation of proposals, presentations working very closely other consultants within the business and the marketing team. The marketing team who are based in London will support the Principal Business Development Manager in targeted marketing campaigns.
However, if you do not come from this sector but you are a senior sales/business development professional, with strong commercial experience and come from a sector selling complex and abstract products and solutions, for example the IT space, then this could also be an opportunity for you!
This role is based in Stockholm and not open to other locations therefore, ideally a local national or someone who hold permanent residency.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree qualified within a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of the carbon accounting process (GHG protocol) and understanding of carbon neutrality standards
- Extensive knowledge of different carbon certificate standards and project technologies
- Extensive account management experience, working with large corporate organisations.
- Proven track record of networking within corporate sustainability, good sector knowledge
- Strong commercial acumen, proven track record of identifying opportunities for growth and development
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong organisational skills and detail-oriented
- Experience in working in small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills
- Excellent oral and written command of English is a must and further languages are an advantage
If you feel you have the right experience and skills in relation to this role, please call Vildan on 01202 888 986 to discuss this role in more detail.