Our client is one of the world's largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. They specialise in the design and manufacture of superconducting magnets for MRI scanners.
There is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to develop manufacturing processes and equipment enabling product delivery of the highest quality, at the right cost, and on time to ensure our customer needs are met.
You'll be part of our successful manufacturing engineer team driving continuous improvement activities, as well as leading your own projects to further enhance our processes. If you have excellent communication skills, and can effectively manage a wide range of complex technical issues with an eye for detail and problem solving then this may be the perfect role for you.
- Ownership of the manufacturing processes within one of three manufacturing cost centers, working in collaboration with engineers and the operations team you will be jointly responsible for the department's quality, productivity and output.
- Providing technical support to manufacturing, problem solving is a key requirement to resolve internal and external process issues as well as maintaining zero harm culture.
- Developing and Implementing new processes and manufacturing equipment to enable new product and continuous improvement agendas.
- You will be responsible for the development of new product processes from the conception stage through prototyping and into product launch and volume manufacture.
- Management of Capital investment and infrastructure projects from functional specification creation through vendor selection to commissioning and manufacturing release.
- As a senior member of the manufacturing engineering team you will provide coaching and mentoring to assist in the development of graduate engineers.
- Degree qualified (preferably in an Engineering, Science or, Manufacturing related subject) or extensive equivalent experience.
- Substantial and varied technical experience in manufacturing engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of personally implementing substantial improvement activities within budget constraints and challenging timescales.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience of managing project teams.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of complex technical issues, and develop cross functional relationships.