Senior Mechanical Engineer - Central London, Full-time
Our client is a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. They provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
- Take a leading role in the design team and manage an interdisciplinary M&E team on a wide range of commercial, residential and education projects from £1m - £300m.
- Develop new opportunities for the M&E team within the current client base and establish new client contacts.
- Take a lead in projects to design low energy and renewable technology to meet with regulation and planning requirements.
- Work with the internal senior team to develop the M&E group resource and workloads.
- Take an active role in the management of the group to expand and develop new and existing business.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Standards of Practice, you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies
- Professional Bodies, you are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed by the company
- Continuing education, the employee will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular