ALLEN & YORK Ltd are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our client who is an established multidisciplinary company focusing on Building Services Engineering.
Working from a base in Greater London, as the newly appointed Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be working on a vast number of projects ranging from small, individual practice works to large urban regeneration developments, always implementing the client's holistic approach to the built environment.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
- You will be working in a team to ensure the efficient delivery of projects/tasks, and meeting deadlines set by the line manager.
- You will be expected to manage and mentor younger engineer and other members of the team.
- Can project manage and set tasks for other employees, attending meeting and workshops.
- Write reviews for the technical specifications for tender and construction.
- Liaise directly with clients and other parties involved in the projects to meet client needs and delivery time.
- Building Services Design from Conceptualisation through to Practical Completion.
- Preparing and reviewing drawings completed by the CAD team.
- Business Development of existing and potential client base.
- Assisting Senior Management in delivery programme and resource management.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- BEng / HND in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 4/5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record for project completion and delivery.
- Experience in completion of ventilation, heating, cooling and water sizing.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding Building Regulations Part B, G, F & L.
- Efficient in using AutoCAD software.
- Knowledge of Sustainability assessment methods (BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes, PassivHaus).
Optional Qualifications / Experience:
- You will be technically capable of managing portfolios at all stages of the development.
- Working and proficient knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and associated software.
- Have used IES Virtual Environment (IES-VE) software.
- Experience in completion of SAP, iSBEM and/or Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) calculations.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Vicky Kenrick at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.