|Job Title:||Senior OLE Engineer - Rail|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + benefits (negotiable)|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Senior OLE Engineer - Rail - Derby
ALLEN & YORK are pleased to be recruiting for one of our long standing clients who are Global Consultancy. Our client is looking for a Senior OLE Engineer to join their rail team in the centre of Derby. This office is considered as the 'Engineering Hub' which supports projects across all the Rail offices.
As this is a Senior level appointment, we are seeking an individual with extensive post-graduate relevant experience in overhead line design preferably allocation layout design, bonding design and cross sections of OLE structures, plus a broad knowledge of rail industry practice. Familiarity with railway standards is essential. This would be a good opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career or for an individual who is already at a Senior level, but looking to work for a reputable, global organisation and gain experience working on large projects.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- To supervise and check the work of junior staff and to take part in the professional development of those staff.
- When required, to undertake the roles of Contractors Responsible Engineer, Task Manager, Designer, Checker or Approver for all various types of Overhead Line design.
- Competent to work unsupervised and to supervise others; competent to check and approve the work of others; competent to sign off design certificates on behalf of the company.
- Conceptual outline and detailed design of engineering solutions, presentation of engineering options.
- Design, checking and approval of detail allocation and construction design.
- Design, checking and approval of the assessment on the OLE of horizontal and vertical track alignment schemes.
- Structure gauging.
- Production and approval of design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
- Delivery of work to programme, budget and specification.
- Client and third party liaison.
- Establishment of internal design standards and/or processes to achieve a continuous improvement in quality and efficiency.
- The Jobholder should be thoroughly conversant with the use of MS Office suite, Project Management software is desirable but not essential (P3, Suretrack or MS Project).
- The Jobholder should also be familiar with production of drawings using Microstation CAD package.
The position is office based, but may require visits to clients, suppliers, third parties and work sites as required.
If you are keen on this great opportunity and would like to learn more, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Newman directly.
My client is offering a competitive salary + benefits + the opportunity to further progress your career within the organisation. Salary is negotiable depending on your level of experience.