|Job Title:||Senior or Principal Civil Engineers - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Surrey - Guildford|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
Senior or Principal Civil Engineers – Water
Guildford or Croydon
If you’re looking for a role as a Senior or Principal Civil Design Engineer and wishing to develop your career and are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our utilities team in either location and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
Our Water and Utilities team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with some of the UK’s most established and recognisable utilities companies, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK’s utility services.
Our water engineering business is experiencing significant growth and we are looking to expand our industry leading team in the South East to service major water company clients in this region.
- Performing investigation, analysis and design associated with water and wastewater projects in line with client and Arcadis specifications, national standards and codes of practice
- Working in collaboration with other engineers, environmentalists and economists to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Embracing, promoting and working to a health, safety and wellbeing standard in all that Arcadis does.
- Identifying innovative and optimised technical solutions that satisfy client drivers and go beyond the minimum
- Managing the preparation of project outputs and ensuring that all documentation is current, accurate and in compliance with Arcadis quality requirements
- Leading the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing your technical expertise and guidance across teams
- Establish and grow relationships with the client and its partners on project technical, commercial and progress matters
- Ensuring projects meet required legislative, quality, safety and environmental standards and objectives
- Managing the commercial performance of projects or individual workstreams within larger projects
- Selected line management and performance development responsibility for assigned staff
- Degree in Civil Engineering or similar numerical discipline
- Chartered status via membership of a professional institution such as ICE, CIWEM, IStructE, IMechE
- Significant experience in technical delivery of complex water industry engineering projects
- Habitual collaborator, excellent communicator and relationship developer
- Problem solver with a “can do” attitude
- Experience of working on design and construct projects using BIM