Senior or Principal GIS Consultant - Multiple UK Locations
Allen & York are pleased to be supporting one of our largest and longest standing clients within the consultancy space, during an ongoing period of growth within their GIS teams across the country. To meet their growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a GIS Analyst at Senior or Principal levels in a number of UK locations.
The role is required to complement the progressive Strategic Information Management team, supporting Utilities, Highways, Rail; and Energy and Environment sectors. Working with a range of data capture, analysis and visualisation technologies, you will provide critical input to delivering projects on time and budget. With exposure to a wide range of market sectors and an extensive knowledge pool, you will deliver dynamic, innovative solutions to internal and external clients.
- Experienced in delivering GIS projects for internal and external clients
- Expert user of ArcGIS desktop software and extensions
- Advanced data management skills to facilitate Spatial Data Infrastructures for complex projects and multi-platform delivery
- Experienced in web GIS and the creation of web maps and web applications (ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal or other)
- Experienced in GIS systems integration and implementation of Enterprise GIS (ArcGIS Enterprise / Server / Portal / ArcSDE)
- Experience selling GIS capabilities to internal and external GIS clients
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- A problem solver with good degree (2:1 minimum) qualification in a relevant discipline
- Exemplary focus, ambition and attention to detail
- Advanced numeracy, analytical and computer skills for data manipulation and management (MS Excel and Access)
- Ability and flexibility to function as part of multi-disciplinary teams located across a number of offices is essential.
- Experienced in the use of Geodatabases
- Experienced in the management of mobile data capture software such as ArcGIS Collector
- Experience in undertaking User Requirements Analysis for Enterprise GIS
- Experience in management of data across the whole of project lifecycle
- Other desktop GIS software (e.g. MapInfo, Quantum GIS, GRASS)
- Experience of GIS application to engineering / utilities sectors
These roles have come about due to significant expansion within the UK teams, and we have multiple roles available. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team with significant growth plans in 2017 and beyond.