|Job Title:||Senior or Principal Structural Engineer - Offshore Wind|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Our client offers a broad range of services (development, engineering, construction and O&M) for utility-scale offshore renewable energy projects.
They are currently looking to recruit a Senior or Principal Structural Engineer to join their Offshore Engineering Department, which supports projects in site selection, development, engineering, procurement, construction and operational phases.
This role will involve carrying out technical design work, but the job holder will also be required to be client facing: undertaking roles as client's engineer, package manager, design manager and managing / interfacing with contractors, consultants, IVBs and WTG suppliers. The role may also include the supervision and checking of the work of others.
- Client's engineer / package manager for offshore foundation design, supply & installation.
- Undertaking technical reviews of design basis, concept through to detailed design work, design risk assessments, fabrication, transportation and installation strategies.
- Perform and/or manage FEED design studies of wind turbine foundations, covering piles, jackets, gravity bases & suction buckets, offshore substation foundations and topsides.
- Development of technical inputs to contract documents, e.g. functional / technical specifications and scopes of work for design, supply, installation and certification
- Geotechnical data interpretation and the specification of design parameters
- Metocean data interpretation and the specification of design parameters
- Managing structure certification with an Independent Verification Body
- Managing the design interface between foundation and the wind turbine supplier including loading and structural characteristics
- Other structural design & assessment work associated with new business areas
- Contribute to and lead design reviews
- Produce Design Risk Assessments
- Produce and check design reports and calculations
- Produce, manage and check Design Plans
- Interpreting the output of structural analyses, define and perform verification checks
- Make presentations at seminars/conferences from time to time, as part of ongoing business development
- The role may at times require supporting other business units or working on other, non-offshore wind, projects on occasion as workload requires.
- Knowledge of relevant offshore structural design codes and standards
- Specialist knowledge of structural subjects such as corrosion, welding, metallurgy, bolting, grouting etc.
- Knowledge of structural dynamics
- Knowledge of hydrodynamics and marine structure design in steel and concrete
- Knowledge of Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations
- Understanding of metocean processes and of their impact on design (desirable)
- Ability to work as client, consultant and contractor depending on specific project and role
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and presentation and the ability to communicate technical issues effectively with clients, contractors and consultants
- Ability to apply technical skills to problems in other areas, such as onshore, civil, coastal, etc.
- Ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous projects
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to react positively to the varying challenges of construction projects
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Current UK Driving Licence
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in working in client facing roles (e.g. as client's engineer, package manager, design manager)
- Experience working to design codes and standards
- Experience working with structural certification
- Management of external contractors, consultants and suppliers
- Experience of the offshore wind sector
- Experience of civil engineering design (desirable)
- Offshore working experience (desirable)
- Experience in design & assessment of floating structures (desirable)
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent