As a member of the team you will be involved in the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids appropriate to your grade. You will also guide and review the work of less experienced staff
The workload is diverse, including:
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and use of ARCADY, PICADY, TRANSYT and LINSIG;
- Highway design;
- Network modelling: multi-modal, traffic and micro-simulation models;
- Sustainable transport projects;
- Development control and regeneration projects;
- Preparation of Environmental Statement
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography, or a related discipline.
- You will have around 5 years' experience in transport planning or a related discipline to have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this role successfully.
- You will have either have been awarded or nearing Chartered or Incorporated status
- You must have a full driving licence.
The work undertaken by the team is extremely varied and therefore candidates with either a range of skills and experience or particular specialisms will be considered Experience in most/all of the following is essential:
- Management of small to medium sized projects;
- Technical knowledge of the development of highway schemes from inception to delivery including both preliminary and detail designs;
- Preparation of Transport Assessments, including junction modelling;
- Preparation of fee proposals;
- Experience in S106, S38 and S278 agreements; and
- Knowledge of appropriate standards (DMRB etc.), NRSWA and other traffic management issues; and
- Knowledge of preparation of specifications and contract documents.