Senior or Principal Water and Environmental Civil Engineer
My client's team is experiencing significant growth and require a competent water and environmental civil engineer to lead this growth within our London office. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to help develop a strategically important area and the successful person will be key in building and moulding the business.
The Water Engineering team provides services across all aspects of the water environment, including flood risk assessment, hydrology and hydraulic modelling, environmental impact assessment, below ground drainage, pavement design, coastal engineering and other civil engineering works.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with the drive and skills to build relationships, identify opportunities and work collaboratively with other disciplines. You should have excellent technical and commercial skills within the Water Engineering sector, preferably with the ability to utilise the existing client and project base as well as the ability to develop new opportunities within the water sector through your business connections.
The successful candidate should be a Chartered Engineer or Chartered Water and Environmental Manager and have technical expertise in one or more of the key services that the Water Engineering provides, namely: flood risk assessment, hydrology and hydraulic modelling, below ground drainage design, coastal engineering and/or other water related civil engineering works.
The Water Engineering team forms part of the wider Civil, Structures and Ground Engineering part of the business that is already well represented in our London office. Over time, the successful candidate may be responsible for the growth and leadership of the Water Engineering team within the office that they are located.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Drive and ability to build client relationships and develop suitable opportunities.
- Excellent commercial skills, including project management and bid preparation.
- Ability to work within a sector and multidisciplinary team.
- Relevant experience with the water markets.
- Chartered Engineer or Chartered Water and Environmental Manager with technical expertise in flood risk assessment, hydrology and hydraulic modelling, below ground drainage design, coastal engineering and/or other water related civil engineering works.
- Mentoring of other staff.