Our client specialise in developing major earthwork landscaping schemes for both private and public sector clients using imported inert material. The successful candidate would assist with a range of projects, mainly centring around golf course landscaping but also including parkland remodelling, quarry restorations, reservoirs, and other landform remodelling schemes.
The company is also diversifying its project base and requires assistance in gaining planning permission for other developments such as small scale housing schemes, holiday lets, allotments, cemeteries, and major leisure cycle facilities. The company's projects normally involve resolving complex planning issues in respect of waste importation, MOL, Green Belt and rural areas.
The role entails providing professional advice, written planning documentation and acting in the best interests of the company with regard to all town planning matters. A candidate with commercial awareness is essential. RTPI membership is essential. Knowledge of waste legislation and the golf industry is preferred but not essential.
- Undertake site assessments to establish development potential to include site inspections, detailed examination of planning histories, policy analysis and interpretation and consideration of material considerations.
- Prepare and progress applications through the planning system, including managing pre-application advice.
- Liaise with officers at Local Planning Authorities pre, during and post application, including potential enforcement action.
- Prepare Design and Access Statements and a range of other planning documents required to support applications including sequential assessments and planning statements.
- Undertake tasks required to implement agreed stakeholder / public consultation strategies.
- To provide post-planning advice to the construction arm concerning amendments, final approved designs and responsibilities and timings bestowed on the development by the planning permission such as ecology, hydrology, archaeology etc.
- Keeping abreast of legislation, regulations and government guidance in respect of development plan documents, waste recovery legislation and associated information.
- Managing appeals including written representations, informal hearings and public inquiries.
- To assist in the preparation of Waste Recovery Plans for Environmental Permits issued by the Environment Agency (previous experience preferred but not essential)
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss this role in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat.
Tom Collins - Planning & Built environment Recruitment Consultant
01202 888 986