|Job Title:||Senior Planner|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £36000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior Planner - Development Management - Essex
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Planner to work within a vibrant and supportive local authority. Placing great emphasis on values and respect they are always improving and learning to deliver that bit extra whilst staying efficient and effective. If you are a Planner looking for your next step or a Senior Planner looking to further your career this opportunity could be perfect for you.
- Assess planning and related applications against Council policies and prepare and assist in the preparation of reports and recommendations.
- Attend Planning committee meetings and present planning application reports and recommendations.
- To advise Parish Councils as well as members of the public on Development Management matters.
- To prepare evidence for written representation appeals and represent the Council at Informal Hearings and Public Inquiries.
- Liaising with the Planning Policy Team on policy matters and the preparations of development briefings.
- Supporting, contributing and complying with quality procedures as described within the Corporate
- Quality Policy and as directed by the Service's management.
- Planning degree or equivalent qualification and eligibility for RTPI Membership.
- Experience of negotiating Section 106 agreements.
- Experience in a range of Development Management (DM) work (within the LPA or private sector).
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of Planning Law and national planning policies/guidance relating to DM
- Ability to interpret plans and understand related information
- Ability to prepare clear written reports/statements fit for the relevant audience.
- Ability to present reports to public/member meetings.
- An awareness of the national planning policy perspective
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Current UK Driving Licence
- General awareness of equal opportunities
Interested? Get in touch!