Senior Planner - Water - London
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Planner within the Water Sector to join our client who is a well-established and highly reputable company within the building and civil engineering industry. They have a vast portfolio spanning across various market sectors inclusive of rail, building and property developments and Process Energy pipelines
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Engage in a purposeful and well organised manner with other team members.
- Assimilate information and summarise it in a manner that can be used to communicate the work scope to others.
- Prepare a resource programme, including reviewing the outcome for conformance with expectations and requirements.
- Contribute to the risk register and undertake programme risk analysis.
- Prepare visual material in support of planned methods.
- Prepare resource schedules for use at review.
- Manage personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
- Contribute to coaching, supporting and formal training of others.
- Provide a link to communicate planning community information between all parties
- Draw up a bid preparation programme and contribute to the tender queries database.
- Define methods and establish competitive outputs, in consultation with the estimator and other team members, including the supply chain in appropriate circumstances.
- Cooperate with the design engineer to establish a design brief for temporary works.
- Provide the estimator with a justified schedule of temporary works and other indirect cost items.
- Contribute the required written submission material.
- Attend the bid review meeting to contribute a clear view of the work scope and the intentions for delivering it by reference to prepared material.
- Attending the hand over meeting to contribute a clear view of the work scope and the intentions for delivering it by reference to prepared material and accept further defined tasks.
- In consultation with Estimator advise project team of required feedback reports and support
- University Degree / Chartered Civil Engineer (preferred).
- Membership of a professional institution
- CSCS Card Black / Gold
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Extensive experience of civil engineering contracting at Agent level (preferred).
- Active experience of working with a wide range of planning techniques in serving both tendering and contract delivery.
- A clear understanding of the commercial and contractual interfaces with the planning function.
For more information contact Thomas Bullen 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.