Principal Quantity Surveyor
This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in the development of my clients Environment & Infrastructure's project and cost management services through a variety of established frameworks and opportunities in both the public and private sectors.
This is the chance to join a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy team, providing advice and QS services to a range of building, infrastructure and regeneration clients. Your work will be interesting, broad and varied, and you will use your expertise to provide cost and commercial advice across a variety of projects and sectors. You will be a leading figure on projects, overseeing a team of quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity from pre-contract phase through to post completion.
You will be self-motivated and can expect to get involved in pre-contract estimating, investment appraisals, option studies, value engineering and tender documentation as well as post contract activities and technical advice including procurement strategies and risk management.
This is a permanent staff position with the opportunity to establish and grow a sustainable team.
- Ideally a Chartered Quantity Surveyor or working towards CPD, having proven pre-contract experience from a PQS background would help.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Engineering
- Experience of the provision of pre-contract QS services on new build, refurbishment, regeneration and infrastructure projects acting as project QS
- Experience in Whole Life Costs estimating or Operating Costs
- Experience in NEC contracts and CESMM would be an advantage