|Job Title:||Senior Procurement Operations Manager|
|Salary:||£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + + car allowance.|
|Contact Name:||Berkeley Gerrell|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Senior Procurement Operations Manager
A key member of the Europe C&P senior leadership team, responsible for leading (in conjunction with global colleagues) the continually improvement of the Europe procurement strategy. To manage departmental professionals in conjunction with corporate support services and in line with published policies and procedures. To ensure that the Europe procurement team adheres to the company's core values; champions the ASPiRE programme and supports Europe Construction & Procurement (C&P) team in their delivery of the company's business strategy to develop and aggressively grow. To utilise procurement experiences in assisting in the development of procurement capabilities, work processes and instructions, skilled resources and procurement execution plans that successfully win and deliver projects, all based on the high standards inherent in the organisation. To ensure that the company's policies and all local and international laws, with respect to anti-bribery are strictly implemented and rigidly enforced.
- Accountable for procurement operations performance; processes and practices covering operations; budget and cost management and schedule management.
- Reporting, training; mentoring, career development and other aspects of management and administration for procurement operations, including recruitment; performance management programs for direct and indirect reports; the establishment of yearly goals; rating calibrations and training plans.
- Providing expertise and oversight on all procurement in the UK and Europe.
- Forecasting procurement workload; allocating / coordinating and managing resources / support and, when required, directing procurement operations consistent with laws, regulations and company and division policies, standards, contract agreements and project specific circumstances.
- Developing and implementing approved Procurement execution plans.
- Controlling and reporting respective over-head budget and costs and project procurement budget and costs, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with a high level of trust and credibility with key clients, partners, subcontractors and project teams.
- Assists and supports the implementation of Safety; Health; Environment; Quality and Ethical Standards, including Code of conduct and lessons learnt, into the company.
- Managing employment practices, including but not limited to, hiring; promoting; merit reviews; professional development and disciplinary actions (with support from corporate functions).
- Participates in project reviews to ensure the quality and standards of procurement execution and the timely resolution of issues are continuously improved.
- Meeting subcontractors, suppliers and business partners to establish and develop strategic relationships.
- Serves as an active participant in various task forces, boards and/or committees involving change or audit of procurement processes.
- Developing and leading Procurement initiatives in line with business requirements.
- Assisting Project Procurement Managers in their support to Project Managers in ensuring their projects are delivered to the expectations of Clients, partners and Stakeholders.
Relationships & Special Requirements
A working knowledge of Water; Energy (including Renewable Energy) and Power clients in the UK.
- An advanced knowledge and understanding of procurement contract terms and conditions.
- Strong Analytics - Creation and Interpretation.
- Strong Budget Development and Management.
- Advanced Contract Comprehension.
- Adept at people management; ( team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
- Strong / refined presentation skills.
- Advanced / refined problem solving skills (identify, analyse, research, evaluate, resolve).
- Strong Project Process Management.
- Strong Schedule and Planning Understanding.
- Strong Strategic Planning and Growth.
- Strong Workflow Management.
- Developed strategic and business planning skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising).
- A strong understanding of procurement processes and exhibits the capacity to effectively self-execute the transactional procurement process in accordance with established Company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Risk & Opportunity Management experience
- Constructability knowledge and experience, including Health & Safety knowledge, particularly CDM regulations.
- Highly developed time management skills; prioritising, organising and scheduling work.
- Leadership and the ability to interact with other leaders, heads of industry and special interest groups and team partners.
- Ability to present concepts and results in large industry forums and events, and to fellow professionals.
- Ability to work with an aggressive, dynamic company; one who holds teamwork and a strong work ethic in high regard.
- Able to assist procurement field teams that collective exceed requirements and expectations
- Able of working with a variety of people in changing environments where adaptability is a critical element; someone with a broad perspective.
- Able to affect change; able to make decisions in a timely manner using the best available facts.
- A person with a bias for action and the fortitude to challenge the status quo with a results-oriented sense of urgency, and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent team leader, capable of both leading teams and supporting management teams
A Master / Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred.
Full, UK Driving Licence
Chartered Membership to a professional body related to Procurement.