|Job Title:||Senior Procurement Operations Manager|
|Salary:||£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + + car allowance.|
|Contact Name:||Berkeley Gerrell|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Senior Procurement Operations Manager
Purpose of role:
A key member of the senior leadership team, responsible for leading the improvement of the UK/EU procurement strategy. Management of departmental professionals as well as corporate support in line with procedures. Ensuring that the procurement team adheres to core values, champions the development and rapid growth. Utilization of procurement experiences in assisting in the development of procurement function, processes and procedures, plans that successfully win and deliver projects, all based on high standards within the organisation.
- Responsible for procurement operations performance, processes and practices including operations, scheduling, budget and cost management.
- Reporting, mentoring, career development and other aspects of management and administration for procurement operations.
- Providing professional oversight on all procurement across UK and Europe.
- Forecasting workload, allocating and managing resources or support when required, directing procurement operations within project specific circumstances.
- Developing and implementing approved Procurement plans; schedules, processes, procedures and risk assessment / methodology,
- Controlling and reporting respective over-head budget and costs and project procurement budget and costs, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with key clients, partners, subcontractors and project teams.
- Assists the implementation of Safety; Health; Environment; Quality and Ethical Standards,
- Managing employees, including but not limited to hiring, promoting, reviews, professional development and disciplinary actions.
- Enforcing compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Participation in project reviews to ensure continuous improvement.
- Meeting subcontractors, suppliers and business partners to establish and develop strategic relationships.
- Performing and/or supporting the duties of positions within the Procurement team when necessary.
- Developing and leading Procurement strategies.
- Assisting Project Procurement Managers ensuring their projects are delivered to the expectations of Stakeholders.
Relationships & Requirements
Working knowledge of Water, Energy and Power clients in the UK.
- In depth knowledge of procurement contract terms and conditions.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Strong budget management.
- People management skills.
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Project Process Management.
- Schedule and Planning Understanding.
- Strategic Planning and Growth.
- Workflow Management.
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Developed strategic and business planning skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring).
- A strong understanding of procurement processes and capacity to self-execute the transactional procurement process.
- Risk & Opportunity Management experience
- Constructability knowledge and experience, including Health & Safety knowledge, CDM regulations.
- Time management skills; prioritising, organising and scheduling of work.
- Leadership and the ability to interact with other leaders, heads of industry and team partners.
- Ability to present concepts and results in large industry forums and events
- Ability to work with an aggressive, dynamic company.
- Able to assist procurement field teams that collective exceed requirements and expectations
- Adaptability is a critical element.
- Able to affect change.
- Excellent team leader, capable of both leading teams and supporting management teams
A degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred.
Years of relevant experience can substitute for a degree
Full, UK Driving Licence
Chartered Membership to a professional body, related to Procurement, such as MCIPS or IPS.