||Senior Product Manager
||UK - England - South East England, Hampshire
||£60,000 pa to £80,000 plus bonus, Neg.
||6 months ago
On behalf of our client we are seeking to appoint a Senior Product Manager who will have extensive experience of developing automotive safety products.
Successful applicants will have an innovative mind-set with huge amounts of drive and tenacity to develop a global product range from initial concept through to sale.
Working closely with senior management and a highly competent technical team you will provide leadership in developing new and existing products to drive business growth and profitability. Key activities will also include competitor and market analysis, rate development, monitoring premiums and losses by segment and in total, rate indications, and preparing filing information. Essentially, you will be the subject matter expert in the category of focus.
- Drive and support the project team deliverables, meet commitments and deadlines
- Lead a cross functional team to manage the product category
- Understand the global consumer for your product category; be the subject matter expert in consumer behaviors
- Understand the competitors and their product(s); how does product have a unique selling proposition
- Understand the market trends, consumer trends, and technology trends
- Understand regional regulatory requirements or restrictions, working closely with local authorities
- Create idea generation sessions to drive new product ideas
- Own the quality of the product and drive improvements
- Make the product easy to use, easy to install, easy to sell
- Drive the financials to meet gross product margins
- Design new products and/or processes; make modifications to existing products and/or processes; maintain awareness of product technology requirements
- Prepare all required product documentation or data including Technical Requirement Documents.
- Interacts with other functional groups, customers and vendors to coordinate technical and schedule matters and to successfully launch projects on time.
- Provide necessary product information/updates for Monthly Operation Review meetings
- Create and/or support development of installation instructions and user operation guides
- Supervise and direct suppliers to leverage suppler resources in the development of new product
- Participate in engineering critical design reviews
Skills & Experience
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, science or similar; 10+ years of progressive engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required; master’s degree preferred
- Must have a proven track record of project management with conclusive results.Experience working with Safety product(s), market and customers is preferred.
- Must be able to lead/manage a results driven team
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross functional areas; work cooperatively with management
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbal and written; strong presentation skills
- Electro Static Discharge ESD protective training and electronics handling techniques preferred
- Ability to work extended hours; may include travel at times which can include evenings and/or weekends
We look forward to receiving your application