|Job Title:||Project Developer Energy Storage|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + car + benfits|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our Client is a fast-growing company dedicated to clean energy use, energy management opportunities, ancillary energy services and battery storage, deploying intelligent energy solutions in the UK and internationally.
Our Client is seeking a Senior Project Developer Battery, with a background in the finance/investment industry to engage with owners/developers of land to build battery storage projects in the UK and abroad. The candidate should understand the wider power industry developments/challenges facing the UK and ideally wider Europe.
The successful candidate is expected to lead the whole project on a high level (with support from the wider team) from the first contact to a potential partner to commissioning of the battery system.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong finance background and a proven track record of engaging with owners/developers/management companies to finance/project-develop their sites in the most profitable way. Examples of sites include solar farms, wind farms, diesel farms, industrial parks or similar.
- Project Development
- Build relationships with land owners, holding companies, investors, PE and VC companies etc
- Develop available land (mainly greenfield or existing solar farms) into a pipeline of battery storage projects
- Manage the commercial relationship with prospective partners/sites and provide early-stage technical leadership (high level only)
- Secure financing for the projects from various sources
- Establish, manage and maintain supply contracts with Transmission System Operators (TSO), Distribution System Operators (DSO) and/or other relevant stakeholders
- Establish working relationships with battery suppliers and turnkey installation companies
- Project responsibility from developing the business case, first contact to potential customers to commissioning of the battery storage system
- Project Management
- High-level project management responsibilities (working with separate dedicated full-time project engineer/team)
- Manage overall project costs and key stakeholders
- This position requires a mature individual with strong interpersonal skills and will involve national and international travel.trong finance, investment, project financing or project development background
- Experience in financing, developing, selling and/or executing greenfield projects in the power/energy sector
- Technical background an advantage
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Comfortable in working independently
- Highly motivated individual
- Commercially aware
- Entrepreneurial, with experience in conceiving and then managing deliverables through to successful execution
- Team management and leadership, with well-honed people skills
- First rate customer management skills, coupled with strong listening and communications skills
- Languages: Fluency in English; working knowledge of foreign languages advantageous but not required (e.g. German, French)
- Education level: Bachelor in business or finance (Masters an advantage)Some background in engineering and/or battery technology is a strong plus.