|Job Title:||Senior Project Engineer - Fixed Telecoms - rail|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary + bonus|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is flexible on location and you can be located at any of our client's offices nationwide - England & Scotland.
• Lead the Project Engineering team which includes Project Engineers located at multiple sites across England and in Scotland.
• Ensure that the engineering aspects of the national portfolio of Fixed Telecoms projects are delivered within budget and time constraints and to the appropriate level of quality.
• Allocate engineering work packages to Project Engineers who will be responsible for project delivery on behalf of respective Project Managers.
• Ensure all Project Engineering procedures and tools are deployed consistently across the project portfolio
• The Senior Project Engineer will carry out Project Engineering works as required.
• Ensure that Engineering Safety Risk is managed effectively throughout all engineering phases of the project.
• Manage the national portfolio of tendering project engineering work-packages through allocation of project engineering resources to prepare estimates
• Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
• Prepare project engineering work bank activity plans and forecasts to maximize resource utilisation and efficient deployment
• Line management duties for direct reports including performance, capability and discipline management.
• Develop own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning, and seeking information from within and outside the company.
• Final authority for Fixed Telecoms project engineering matters
• Assist the Engineering Manager as necessary and fully participate in activities that assist the development of the Engineering Department
• Perform the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer as required.
• Chartered Engineer Status or appropriate professional status and relevant engineering qualification.
• Considerable and established knowledge and interest in the rail telecoms industry, significant experience of telecoms engineering implementation on large main line rail schemes in the UK.
• Safety culture aware - proven ability to lead, influence and develop safety culture to latest strategies and methods
• Broad base of Engineering skills, experiences, knowledge and competencies covering the full engineering lifecycle.
• Experience in Systems Engineering, Project Engineering and Design of safety critical or safety related systems, test and installation environments
• Proven leadership skills
• Business Results Orientation - strong leadership qualities including personal drive, initiative,
• Full UK Driving Licence
Our client has a solid reputation in the market and truly believe in both professional & personal progressions for their staff. They are offering a competitive salary + bonus scheme + a flexible benefits scheme including private healthcare.
If you are keen to learn more about this opportunity as well as my client, please get in contact with Lisa Newman for a confidential conversation.