Our Client is a global, well respected organisation who are actively seeking to appoint an experienced Project Engineer / Work-Package Manager to join a busy and growing department.
This is a senior leadership role where you will direct the activities of the material team to achieve the maximum value of interfacing between design, procurement and site function to enable efficient, cost effective ordering and supply of materials for the project use. The role requires a high degree of understanding complex design drawings in order to understand and establish work flow, materials and production capacity.
Responsibilities as the Project Engineer / Work Package Manager:
- Monitor the progress of works and maintain continuous communication between all functions
- Forecast resource requirements for allocated projects
- Management of the existing team responsible for personal and technical development of direct reports
- Management of BOM's on behalf of Engineering Manager
- Responsible for the materials budget and forecast
- Maintaining the cost tracker
- Identifying significant material variances between committed and tendered values to the bid team to improve accuracy for future tendering
- Liaise with supply chain to ensure that the most cost effective solutions are provided
As this role is within the Rail sector, it is preferable that you have experience in a similar role within Railway Engineering. However, this role would suit an individual who has worked within the Automotive industry (or similar industry), has a strong management background and is highly organised.
Our client is offering a competitive package + benefits with huge potential for personal development.