Allen & York is working with an investor and developer of renewable energy projects. They are looking for a Project Manager to come on board to successfully deliver against the technical and commercial aspects of the project from construction, commissioning to operational stages.
This client is at the forefront of the advanced gasification of waste industry within the UK. They develop, construct, manage, own and execute Advanced Gasification plants throughout the UK, utilising numerous different Advanced Gasification technologies.
Plants range in size from 3 MWe up to 25 MWe net export capacity. Currently they have four projects under construction with a total investment of 250 million and an export capacity of circa 45 MWe. As a business, they have built a positive track record for delivering quality projects.
- Ensure that the appropriate skills are employed within the company to plan, design, build and operate a gasification power plant;
- Monitoring of principal contractor.
- Sub contract package preparation & monitoring.
- To report to the project funders on daily basis.
- Manage the following contracts; EPC, PPA, FSA and O&M;
- The position will constantly review the Project to increase Plant operating efficiency and seek out additional commercial benefits
- Ensure that expenditure is compliant with HMRC rules for reporting purposes;
- Ensure that permits, approvals and licenses are maintained;
- Ensure safe and effective daily operations;
- Ensure a business plan is presented to the Board for approval and adhered to;
- Report on a regular basis variances to the business plan;
- To oversee all aspects of the project and liaise with all partners including, project owner, plant fabricators, feed stock supplier and contractors.
- Project planning, monitoring & control.
- Proven track record in renewable energy construction and grid connection, specifically gasification or EfW technology.
- Proven knowledge of plant development through to commissioning or an engineering background
- Proven track record in budget reporting and management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word.
- Degree in Engineering preferred
- Experince of H&S and Environment
- Procurement & Probity
- Statutory Reporting
- Engineering Standards
- Insurance & risk management
- CDM Liaison