Allen & York is working for an EPC services company working on the design and build of sustainable energy infrastructure projects in the UK.
They are looking for a Senior Project Manager to come on board to successfully deliver against the technical and commercial aspects of the project from construction, commissioning to operational stages of energy from waste plants in the UK.
This client has secured 5 of the 10 projects and are looking for a Senior PM to deliver the first project which will be within their Energy section of their design & Build Division.
This is an exciting growth positon for a permanent employee.
- Ensure that the appropriate skills are employed within the company to plan, design, build and operate a EfW/ gasification power plant;
- Principle contractor project management
- Sub contract package preparation & monitoring.
- To report to the project funders on a daily basis.
- Manage the following contracts; EPC, PPA, FSA and O&M;
- Ensure that expenditure is compliant with HMRC rules for reporting purposes;
- Ensure that permits, approvals and licenses are maintained;
- Ensure safe and effective daily operations;
- Ensure a business plan is presented to the Board for approval and adhered to;
- Report on a regular basis variances to the business plan;
- To oversee all aspects of the project and liaise with all partners including, project owner, plant fabricators, feed stock supplier and contractors.
- Project planning, monitoring & control.
- Looking for someone from a construction background, ideally working for an EPC company and experienced in delivering power generation projects (doesn't have to be WTE or EfW, could be other thermal power technologies)
- Project Management Toolkit' (Earned Value Management, Risk Management, Commercial Management
- Managing high value (minimum £40m) cradle to grave projects
- Proven knowledge of plant development through to commissioning or an engineering background
- Proven track record in budget reporting and management.
- Degree in Engineering preferred
- Experince of H&S and Environment
- Procurement & Probity
- Engineering Standards
- Insurance & risk management
- CDM liason
- Initially desk based but with substantial UK travel